State whether the quotation from "The Necklace" is direct or indirect characterization.
1. She dressed plainly.
2. "It's embarrassing not to have a jewel or gem- nothing to wear on my dress."
3. Her husband labored evenings to balance tradesman's accounts, and at night often he copied documents.
Write a theme statement for each of the stories that we have read:
4. "The Most Dangerous Game":
5. "The Cask of Amontillado":
6. "The Necklace":
Use each of the following words in a sentence correctly. (preferred)
Define the word (if you must)
10. Explain the ending of "The Necklace" in a paragraph.